It is that time of the process at which point I require your assistance.
The Weathered Kingdoms and its micro-stories need fresh eyes.
Anybody with a spare hour or so, in possession of a highlighter or a document editing program/application, just drop me a message if you are interested.
What needs to be checked for?
- Consistent tense (past/present)
- Constant point of view (1st or 3rd person) (also that the narrative doesn’t jump from one person to another.)
What to remember whilst editing:
- Vibrantly mark your changes. No matter how many times or how diligently I check through, I always miss bits that are either in error or simply don’t make sense. Therefore when it comes to comparing your copy to mine, being able to easily find your changes is invaluable.
- Don’t be afraid to make as many changes as you think are necessary, no matter how insignifcant or pointless you may think they may be. My spelling, grammar and autocorrect are frustratingly terrible and I want to make absolutely sure that it all makes perfect sense before I publish hard copies.
- Feel free to contact me if you need context or there is something that makes no sense whatsoever. My concentration and autocorrects are shockingly off-point. I wrote the majority of it all on my apple tablet (wink) whilst at my breads and-butter jobs over the past three years, which gave me the means and motivation. However, my autocorrect seems to think that it is right 100% of the time, even when putting capital letters on “in, it, is”…and my day jobs tend to require that I put interruptive customers before my stories.
So please, if you are able, I could really use your help. You can either contact me through WordPress or my Facebook page: https://m.facebook.com/akarockynorton/
Thank you in advance.